If you are like the majority of people you do not give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be good to know how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Newton Appliance Repair NOW is here to explain.
Read below to find out what you need to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to hire refrigerator repair Newton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to reduce rotting and slow down bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Newton Appliance Repair NOW:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the back exterior panel of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is stored in the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transported within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle as it is necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Newton for service right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its trip towards the evaporator, pushing through the coils in the inside of the appliance and freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting warmth from one area and transferring it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a home, provides a perfect storage space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule an appointment with Newton Appliance Repair NOW.
Newton Appliance Repair NOW is able to repair nearly all standard models of refrigerators – including industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in Newton are trained to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and numerous other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working